DETA is still alpha – expect bugs and breaking changes.
ˈdɛtə— pronounced like "meta".
DETA is a cloud computer that gets your programs up and running blazingly fast. It lets you focus on writing code and takes care of everything else.
No servers or databases to set-up or maintain and no lengthy docs – just you, your idea and Python. You can also bring your team along for the ride if you like.
This video is slightly dated. From DETA lib version
21 in Python the convention for the decorated functions is
app.lib.x. For all earlier lib versions the convention is
app.x. You can find a program's lib version by the
deta.lib field in the
INFO tab. The latest lib version is
- Contact us, we're happy to personally guide you.
- A config-free Database (in Python and Node), File Store (in Python and Node) and Email Service (in Python and Node) are built in.
- Your programs are instantly usable: run via Teletype, call via HTTP or trigger via Cron Scheduler.
- Permissions are baked in to DETA from the beginning: check out User Permissions and Auth for more information.
- Technical specifications of the DETA runtime.
Check the links on the left for more docs.